Wednesday, November 26, 2014

What have you done: Four

So when I look back on what I have done in my life. I pray that my relationship are seen as the most important thing to me: my God, my wife, my children and grandchildren.
After my close familial relationships, I guess the next thing I hope to be remembered for is what I did for my fellow man. How have I impacted society as a whole and those in my circle of influence as a part of that? What have I done in my life to make this world a better place?

Today you will hear a lot about protecting the environment for future generations or changing our world for a social agenda or social justice in the world. Many people want to stop global climate change or rescue sex slaves or some such popular bandwagon. Not me.

I believe most social ills are symptoms of a much deeper problem. We live in a world of apathetic apostasy and sinking to the average common denominator in life. And we are happy being average and down the middle of the road. I am not.

The deeper problem is that we are not salt and light in this world. The deeper problem is that God has been removed from the market, the schools, and the body politic. The deeper problem is that we Christians are no different than the world we live in.

Instead of working on climate change let’s work on teaching kids the world is special and created for a purpose. NOT just a random act of some impersonal chance but the PURPOSEFUL act of a Creator God and YOU have a job to take care of it.

Instead of working on social justice issues let’s work on getting the Ten Commandments and God’s justice back into schools; teaching them to love and respect each other as Gods justice demands.

Instead of finding and punishing sex enslavers or punishing women in the trade for selling themselves let’s work on eliminating the desire/need for the trade. Put God back into the hearts and minds of men and women involved and the problem will disappear.

Instead of sending your worn out clothes and extra food to the poor and hungry let’s take them into our homes and our churches and get them back on their feet again through tough love and acceptance both demanded in scripture.

I want to be known for treating the PROBLEM and not the symptoms of that problem. Jesus said that we will always have the poor with us and I don’t think it is a stretch to say that most people need Jesus a lot more than they need food, especially in this country.

What have you done? Are you working on the problems in this world, this country, this state, this county, this neighborhood or are you just feeding the symptoms? Maybe you ARE perpetuating the problem and need to get back into church and Jesus? Do you really and truly need Jesus more than food? If you cannot say yes to that and ACT like it; you are the problem.

I pray that I am not the problem but help give the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment